Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Create unique fabric for an art quilt with Pine Cone stencils

For this project I used all 5 stencils in my new Pine Cone Stencil series for StencilGirl Products.

 >>>>>>>>>>> Jane LaFazio Stencils  <<<<<<<<<
First, stencil the images onto a piece of cloth. I used 200 thread count cotton, that had been coffee dyed. 
I added batting to the back of the cloth, then, on the back, used a stenciled tracing paper to machine stitch the outline of the pine cone.
Free motion stitching, semi-carefully following the stencil lines.

Here's the back of the quilt, with the paper still on it.
Turn the quilt over and see your outline of the pine cone.

I cut up the stenciled and quilted fabric to reassemble it.

It needed a focal point, so I enlarged the stencil image, added a piece of tulle to the FRONT and stitched the outline on the back of the quilt.

Then, I cut away the tulle, around the pine cone image, to create a lavender pine cone as a focal point on the quilt.

Pine Cone Confetti by Jane LaFazio (measures 17  x 15.5 inches)
I designed these stencils for StencilGirl Products. This quilt uses all the stencils in my Pine Cone Stencil series.  You can find all my stencils here.

3 comments:

  1. Wow,what a fun idea, thanks for showing the process. There's a lot of things to do with that stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for sharing so many wonderful ways of using your stencils, Jane.
    Inspiration abounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for all the pine cone inspiration. your stencils arrived in the post today and I can't wait to start a similar project like this! Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails